Audit and assurance
Audit and assurance is a key to sustaining confidence in your company and its financial system. We conduct audit with an approach to provide you comfort with respect to your company's financial statements as well as an insight into your business risks and the effectiveness of your internal controls.
We assure our clients that whether the audit is statutory or for special purposes, the level of service we provide remains same. Our dedicated teams under the expert supervision are available for:
- Statutory audits
- Interim audits and reviews
- Regulatory audits (compliance and reporting)
- Special purpose audits
- Cost audits
- Forensic/ investigative audits
- Non-audit assurance services
- Internal audit services
We provide customized accounting services that fit to a wide spectrum of financial needs of our clients. We are here to assist you in all or any of the steps from recording of journal entries to the compilation of financial statements.
Our services cover all aspects of the accounting function, including:
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements (unaudited)
- Processing of accounting information (assistance/ outsourced bookkeeping)
- Preparation of financial projections/ prospective financial statements
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Inventory counting and valuation
- Fixed assets management (preparation and maintenance of assets registers, assets counting and valuation etc.)
- Debtors control (sales invoicing, keeping track of bills, aged debtors analysis etc.)
- Cash management (bank reconciliations, invoice/ payment processing etc.)
- Audit facilitation (answering year-end audit queries, updating accounts with audit adjustments)
- Payroll services
With our expert staff, we can help you attain optimum tax structure by formulating tax strategies, innovative tax planning and concurrently complying with tax regulations in a constantly evolving tax landscape. Our tax professionals will ease out the complexities for you to ensure maximum tax efficiency. In addition we continuously keep our clients updated on reforms and developments concerning tax laws and regulations.
We offer a complete suite of tax advisory and compliance services concerning direct and indirect taxation, including:
- Corporate and personal taxation
- Advisor on direct and indirect taxation (Customs, Sales Tax and Federal Excise)
- Tax strategy and planning
- Tax compliance (tax registration, preparation and filing of returns, communication with tax authorities, tax withholding advisory etc.)
- Tax accounting services
- Tax audits
- Litigation support services and representation before tax authorities concerning appeals, petitions, refund claims etc.
Corporate secretarial advisory
Corporate compliance is a complex legal requirement for companies registered in Pakistan. Our experienced corporate secretarial team assist our clients in fulfilling their statutory obligations right from incorporation, to mitigate the risk of corporate non-compliance.
Our diversified range of corporate services extend to clients include services relating to the Board of Investment, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, City Registrar and occasional liaison with government departments and ministries. We assist our clients with professional advice and services regarding:
- Company incorporation/ formation
- Registration of foreign branches and liaison offices
- Registration of partnerships, trusts, societies and not for profit organizations
- Drafting various types of business related agreements
- Listing of companies on stock exchange
- Statutory compliance and secretarial services (maintenance of statutory records, filing of statutory returns, drafting notices and minutes of meetings for all types of statutory meetings etc.)
- Communication with/ representation before corporate regulatory authorities
We also assist our clients in special circumstances concerning corporate restructuring and allied matters, including:
- Alteration in memorandum and articles of association
- Alteration in partnership deeds, trust deeds and memorandum of societies
- Conversion of entities e.g., conversion of partnerships into limited liability company
- Share capital reduction and share buy-back
- Liquidation, winding up and dissolution of companies, partnerships, trusts and societies.
Business and risk advisory
Risk management and mitigation help organizations to maximize opportunities by focusing on growth, strategy and value creation. We play an important role in helping our clients reduce risks and deliver high quality results, achieving their strategic objectives. Our business advisory professionals work side by side with our clients to identify and implement effective solutions best suited to needs of our clients.
We offer a wide range of business and risk related advisory services to our clients, including: avail
- Business strategy and panning
- Market study and feasibility analysis
- Internal audit
- Business risk assessments and management
- Business process reengineering
- Preparation and evaluation of manuals/ standard operating procedures
- Internal controls evaluation and advisory
- Fraud prevention, detection and investigation
- Regulatory risk compliance (corporate governance, audit committee etc.)
Considering the significance of development/ social sector organizations in Pakistan, we provide innovative high quality services to our clients helping them understand their impact on the society, optimizing their performance and managing their risks for achieving desired objectives in the welfare of society. Our range of services in the development sector include:
- Grant advisory services
- Pre-award assessments
- Risk assessment
- Capacity assessment
- Capacity building
- Post-award assessments
- Program assessment
- Impact assessment/ studies
- Financial monitoring
- Value for money analysis
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Third party evaluation
Information Technology Consulting
In the fast growing age of technology, services related to Information Technology has become the need of today's business sector. We are adequately equipped to advise our clients in matters pertaining to:
- Information Technology system analysis and design
- Business process reengineering
- Developing computerization strategies
- Project management for implementing computerization strategies
- Designing, developing and implementing accounting software
- Assistance in training programs
- Post implementation reviews
We offer a comprehensive range of industry focused
services to our clients that caters each stage in the
growth of business, including:
- Audit and assurance
- Accounting services
- Tax consulting
- Corporate secretarial advisory
- Business and risk advisory
- Information Technology consulting
We offer broad technical expertise and local market
knowledge in audit, accounting, business advisory and
taxation and secretarial services to diverse clientele
in various industries. The vast industry based
competencies of our experts permits us the flexibility
to offer comprehensive solutions for clients seeking
opportunities and responding risks within complex
markets. Key industries in which we serve include:
- Housing societies
- Media services
- Not for profit
- Security services
- Service providers
- Software houses
- Stock exchanges
- Real estate
We strive to provide distinguished services that are creative, technologically current and responsive to our clients' needs. This is achieved through our highly competent staff, their work experience, knowledge, maturity and commitment to maintain high professional standards.
We have established strategic alliances with other professionals including legal advisors, engineers, Information Technology professionals, supply chain experts, social scientists and independent valuers to bring more insight and expertise to the engagements based on specific requirements.
We work closely with our clients to provide exceptional client services and our team is the one you can trust to deliver and getting things right from onset of the engagement.
Brief profiles of our
leadership and management teams are as follows:
Asad Ijaz, ACA
Asad, founding partner of the firm, is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan with over four years of diversified experience in providing assurance, accounting, business and risk advisory services to clients in a wide range of industries.
He trained and qualified as chartered accountant from A.F. Ferguson & Co., Chartered Accountants (a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers) gaining an extensive experience in audits and advisory services to local and multinational clients. He is an ardent finance professional experienced in conducting statutory and non-statutory audits of various commercial and development sector organizations. His specialty lays in providing diversified advisory services covering organizational strategy development, financial due diligences, operational due diligence, financial analysis, business risk assessment and management, business process advisory, organizational risk and capacity assessment, fact finding/ diagnostic reviews, monitoring and evaluation, procurement audits, fixed assets management, financial and operational system reviews, policy and procedures development, corporate governance evaluation and compliance and corporate secretarial services.
He is currently leading audits, accounting services,
corporate and risk advisory services.
Syed Shahzad Mehmood
Syed Shahzad, an advocate of high court, has been providing corporate and taxation advisory services to a variety of corporate and individual clients for nearly fifteen years. He practice in corporate laws, income tax, wealth tax, sales tax, federal excise and customs and is currently leading tax consulting and corporate advisory services.
He specializes in providing complete suite of corporate and taxation advisory services comprising tax planning and compliance, clinical reviews, tax accounting, withholding tax advisory, tax audits, litigation support, correspondence and representation before tax authorities, corporate matters including registration, filing of statutory returns and dealing with company and non-company registration authorities etc.
He is a law graduate and baccalaureate of commerce from
University of Punjab.
Amraiz is an advocate of high court having over sixteen years of diversified experience of providing corporate and taxation advisory services to a wide range of corporate and individual clients. He is managing tax consulting and corporate advisory services.
He specializes in tax litigation support and has been handling income tax, wealth tax, sales tax and federal excise litigation matters before appellate tax authorities including commissioner, tribunal and high court concerning both corporate and personal taxation matters.
He gained extensive experience in taxation advisory services in various professional services firms helping clients understand and comply with tax provisions, devised strategies for optimum tax structuring, pleaded income and sales tax appeals, claims, petitions concerning various legal matters. His areas of expertise include tax planning and compliance, clinical reviews, tax accounting, withholding tax advisory, tax audits, litigation support, correspondence and representation before tax authorities. He is also serving as legal advisor for various corporate clients and currently practice in corporate laws, labor laws, income tax, wealth tax, sales tax, federal excise and customs.
He is a law graduate from University of Punjab.
Shahzad Ahmed Siddiqui
Shahzad has over fourteen years of professional experience in providing assurance, accounting, taxation and corporate secretarial services to clients in a variety of industries. He is responsible for managing audits, outsourced accounting, corporate advisory and taxation services.
His areas of expertise include assurance, accounting,
direct taxation and indirect taxation (involving
corporates, partnership concerns and individuals),
corporate secretarial and advisory services.
He is a fellow member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants and an associate member of Institute of Certified Financial Consultants Canada, Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan and Society of Accounting Education in Pakistan. He is also registered as Income Tax Practitioner with Federal board of Revenue.
Ijaz Haider Malik
Ijaz is an IT consultant with over twenty years of professional experience in Information Technology, project management, project implementation and system architecture and design eight of which specifically relates to Tier-1 applications. He is engaged with us as IT Consultant and Solution Architect.
After obtaining his Masters' degree in computer sciences, he pursued mini MBA in Telecoms (University of Derby), PRINCE2, TOGAF 9.1, Oracle Siebel 8.1 and over thirty management certifications from Harvard ManageMehtor. He also has certifications in SAP, COBOL, Java, Networking and Oracle.
His expertise lies in Enterprise Resource Planning,
Business/ Operations Support System including Customer
Relationship Management, workforce management, billing,
inventory, receivables and service providing etc.
Shahid has nearly ten years of professional experience in the field of assurance, accounting, taxation and business advisory services. He is responsible for managing audits, outsourced accounting services and information technology services. He gained extensive experience in the fields of audits (financial, cost and tax), forensic and investigative audits, contract vetting, internal audit, accounting services, corporate secretarial advisory and information technology consulting during his tenure at various audit and accounting firms.
He is a Master of Business Administration in finance and
a baccalaureate of commerce.
We believe in delivering exceptional quality to our clients in respect of assurance, accounting, business advisory, taxation and corporate services assisting them to grow to their full potential.
We are committed to addressing the financial needs while maintaining a consistent standard of services irrespective of the size, ownership and business of our client.
We strive to provide our clients with exceptional quality and nothing takes precedence over our commitment to meet each client's individual needs for effective, insightful and professional services.